- Meeting brought to order – 11:14 Jaime Garrido
- Introduction – Announcements: Jaime Garrido
- Approve board meeting minutes 1/5/22
- Board Member Positions /Attendance Quorum Confirmation (5 minutes)
- President – Jaime Garrido P
- Pres. Elect – Minnie Robles P
- 1st VP – Brooke Montelongo A
- 2nd VP – Mike Barker A
- Secretary – Heather Unger P
- Treasure – Terri Hand P
- Past President – Jay Harris P
- Director (2021-2023) – Jeff Nielsen P
- Director (2021-2023) – Don Zanrosso P
- Director (2022-2024) – Jaime Garrido P
- Director (2022-2024) – Tammy Overgaard A
Total of 8 are in attendance – quorum is present.
- Chapter Committee Chair
- Education Committee – Barbara Faulwetter A
- Technical Committee - Mark Ramos P
- Programs Committee - Bobbi Jo Huskey P
- Membership Committee - Ryan Barry P
- Awards Committee – Jeff Nielsen A
- Media/Communications – Tammy Stevens A
- Publicity – Ryan Berry/Brooke Montelongo P
- Events/Fundraising-Frank Thomas (Golf) A
- Events/Let’s Build Girls Camp – Minnie Robles/Heather Unger P
- Jay Harris – Chapter meeting this month is being held at Allegion’s office – covered logistics for parking, food and AV equipment for the event. Possible event space for future use of the chapter.
- Jaime Garrido – New members joining – thank you Mark Ramos for marketing CSI!
- Committee Chairs – Confirmation (5 minutes) – Allow for each chair to provide a brief report on their activities, etc.
- Programs – Bobbi Jo Huskey – Slip resistance for Feb, and March will be the Panel discussion for City of Phoenix, Glendale, and Mesa for CIP focused projects. April, LGD Design Build presentation, May – Ron Geren for Specs and Codes updates. Project spotlight in June – Brooke has contacts for Designers interested in presenting. Need something stellar for the September meeting! Paying for meetings – Constant contact e-mail you can pay and RSVP through the e-mail Brooks is sending this out. Special events/tours need this to be promoted, and social media feedback for all of these events! Need communication for Louise to keep RSVPs tracked.
- Jaime question on June spotlight – can we increase the number of firms and decrease the time to 10 minutes for the presentation? Bobbi Jo to review and table for future discussion. More attendance and membership is the goal of our quality programs.
- Membership – Ryan Berry- New CSI cards printed. Working with ASU for Student membership, talking with head of master’s program. Coordinating with Bobbi Jo for meeting at Ryan companies for networking with CSI.
- Professional Development & Certification/Education – Barbara Faulwetter – Jaime Garrido – CDT boot camp is coming up, 24-26 February. We do have registrants who have paid for the camp via PayPal account. Send CDT camp info to your groups! CDT website for flyer to share on all media sites
- Academic Programs/Student Advisor – Jaime Garrido/Heather Unger – Heather met with EVIT directors of Electrician and Construction for
- Technical - Mark Ramos & Matthew Zang –Mark Absent
- Awards – Jeff Nielsen/ Heather Unger – Jeff Absent
- Golf Tournament Fundraising – Frank Thomas/ Bobbi Jo - Jay Harris covers financials and sponsorship details. Collecting funds from golfers already registered. Sponsors reviewed; we are a bit behind compared to last year at this time. We typically get a push in the last month prior to the event. More sponsors and golfers are coming!
- Publicity – Ryan Berry- Brooke/Ryan – Brooke Absent
- Events/Fundraising – Ryan Berry/Byron Bargas Bobbi Jo - See bullet h. Golf Tournament Fundraising
- Golf Tournament Fundraiser (5 minutes)
- Scheduled for March 30th - Need to finalize rates we will charge & sponsorship packages
- Rates - $150 members, $180 non-members – Confirmed?
- Ideas for raising additional funds?
i. Raffle night stay or round of golf
ii. Gift basket raffle – donations
iii. 50/50 Raffle
iv. Alice Cooper Guitar Raffle
v. Mulligan sales
vi. Air Cannon hole
vii. Need more women golfers!
- Meeting Locations (5 minutes)
- Jaime Garrido - Reminder - We will be meeting at The Reference Library this year, please note times.
- Let’s Build Construction Camp (10 minutes) - event is July 10-14th
- Committee lead – Minnie Robles Co-chair & Heather Unger Co-chair
- Funding – CSI seed money ($2,500), application has been submitted.
- Location – Carpenter’s Union to provide mock-up location for FREE! Will need to manage donations, need more volunteers to help with this.
- Sponsorships Letter – completed.
- NAWIC – obtained commitment from local chapter to provide support/sponsorship
- Clark Dietrich - obtained commitment for a national sponsorship
- Sherwin William – obtained local commitment for support/sponsorship
- Simpson Strong Tie – awaiting their decision towards gift in kind donations.
- Safety Track – Cody Cassano will develop the safety lesson for all camps to maintain continuity from program to program
- Budget - $15k - $20k.
- Minnie will be in person at the camp back in Pennsylvania (They’ve done the camp 6 times) on January 18th to glean info on creating the itinerary/ tips on organization for camp and pick their brains for any info she can! More details to follow!
- Had a great meeting with Pennsylvania –
- Event includes – wall assembly – no windows the first year to keep it simple
i. 20 Girls – need a Camper’s mom/ or dad to keep track of the girls
ii. Need a lunch coordinator/ breakfast snacks
iii. Need a transportation coordinator
iv. Need speakers – during lunch sessions – keep it lively so they don’t glaze over
v. Wednesday will be the field trip
vi. Need t-shirt sponsor – bright colors
vii. Safety coordinator needed- may have this already
viii. Last day for Media/ City Mayors in at lunch?
ix. City funding? Not enough time and constraints on coordinator for this
x. Budget – have this from Pennsylvania chapter – working on refining this
xi. CPR certified safety coordinator? Stipend for Nurse / mom
xii. Insurance – need details to Teri Hand to obtain a COI through the chapter. Approx. $1,000
xiii. Need volunteer for clearances with Campers – fingerprint cards?
- Treasury report - Teri Hand – Current chapter financials update
- Current financial sent to board last week for review
- 3 Payments registered and paid for CDT
- Jaime-need to establish an audit committee. – 3 members to review and approve statements and payments to verify / audit the chapter spending and income– need Directors to volunteer. Don Z has volunteered.
- Jaime – taxes filed? Teri mentions our accountant will file them
- Future Cities – Heather
- a. Need volunteer judges for 3 items – Please contact Heather if you’re interested and she’ll send you the details! 602-448-5355, firstname.lastname@example.org
i. Judging complete – no attendees from CSI.
ii. Scheduling pick-up of award to present to the team.
iii. Schedule team to present their city in next Chapter meeting March may work best.
iv. Jaime Garrido volunteers as a judge for next year’s event!
- Round Table –
- Jaime Garrido – CSI discussion boards- participation. Interesting discussions, sign up for them! Would like to cover this topic in a future meeting.
- Bobbi Jo – need updates to the website – no way to pay for events and register. Can we try “Shopify”? Easy way to access and run. Possibility of changing website webmaster / or event registration. Not the best response from our current webmaster for changes and updates.
- Don Z – Regional Conference registration – yes and Jaime is going as well.
- Closing (5 minutes) – Jaime adjourns the meeting at 12:07 Jay Harris seconds adjournement.