FY 2020-2021 Board Meeting Minutes
December 3rd, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
ATTENDANCE (P = Present; A = Absent)
OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
President Barbara Faulwetter P
President Elect Jay Harris P
1st Vice President Byron Bargas
2nd Vice President Gary Martinez A
Secretary Ken Meloy P
Treasurer Teri Hand P
Incoming Director Mike Barker P
Director 19-21 Lisa Barnard P
Director 19-21 Pamela Hunt P
Past President Heather Unger P
Programs Bobbi Jo Huskey P
Membership Jay Harris P
Professional Development Barbara Faulwetter P
& Academic Affairs
Technical Lisa Barnard P
Awards Jeff Nielsen P
Scholarships Don Zanrosso P
Fundraising Frank Thomas A
Media/Communication Tammy Stevens P
1. Call to Order
- • By Barbara Faulwetter at 11:02 am
2. Adoption of Meeting Minutes
- • Accepted o 1st by Teri Hand
- o 2nd by Tammy Stevens
3. Adoption of Agenda
- • Adapted as sent by Barbara Faulwetter o 1st by Teri Hand
- o 2nd by Tammy Stevens
4. Treasurer’s Report: Teri Hand
- • No statement so no report
- • Reviewed expenses
- • Confirmed what is needed for Holiday Party • Chapter Officers input to Chapter By-Laws and Policy Handbook • Bobbi Jo reports By-Laws are updated. Has copy of this. Policy Handbook needs a lot of work!
- • Bobbie Jo will circulate to Board. Target 1/5/2021 returned to Barbara and Bobbi Jo
- • Reviewed waiver for Christmas Party. Moving forward w/party even if it ends up small. Waiver required to attend the party. • No objections to the party
- • Objections to the waiver • Is it needed? Isn’t this like a restaurant kind of?
- • Bobbi Jo will bring CSI pens.
- • Barbara will oversee waiver thing
- • Six (6) Month review of current board. Feedback on how we are doing at halfway mark: • Send anything and everything to Barbara
- • Jay-what value are we bringing to the entities we service, architects and vendors? 2020 has been a reset/setback type year. Every dollar looked at different. Overall fantastic job.
- • Jeff-start on an environmental type award for the recycling company.
- • Jeff-email for Outhandling Chapter SILVER LEVEL. Badge to attach to our email
- • Heather: spreadsheet regarding task & task ownership of OCC types. Needs updating from each owner of each task please.
5. President’s Report: Barbara Faulwetter
6. Awards Report: Jeff Nielsen
7. Fundraising Report: Jay Harris
- • 4/1/2021 golf fundraiser is a go. Under contract. No other new developments. Activity will pick up as we get closer to the event.
- • Addt’l revenue via giveaways and budget decisions during the event.
8. Media Communications Report: Tammy L. Stevens
- • Emailed change for Holiday Party and email blast sent
- • Loop Barbara in on all updates
- • Prepping for new year updates to website
9. Membership Report: Jay Harris
- • Nothing new 98 paid Members (15 Spec Writer; 29 Architects; 6 GC’s; 45 Manufacture Rep)
- • $425 per year for AZBEX for advertising not their database. Originally up to a $2k fee. Should help w/marketing. Nice save Jay!
- • Linkedin speaker: targeting April or May. Date will be set by next meeting.
10. Programs Report: Bobbi Jo Huskey
- • Holiday Party 12/10 @ TRL. Still on!!! o Bartenders scheduled
- o Looking for sponsors ▪ Mike Barker offered two (2) $100
- o High Tops. Liquor. Heater. Bobbie Jo is on it!
- o 4:00 pm for setup
- o Extra masks will be provided
11. Technical Report: Lisa Barnard
- • Planning meeting in Oct
- • Another tour maybe in Q2.
- • Brief Tech meeting this past month, heading in that direction. Trying to figure out how to capture more people. Create more dialog.
- • Will update website
- • Podcast: o Middle of editing
- o Waiting for track back for institute
- o Two (2) interviews of Spec Writers that have some experience
- o Publishing plan with Tammy and Scott where that should sit on the web
12. Professional Development: Barbara Faulwetter
- • Behind some here.
- • Shared that SmithGroup would like to move toward CDT certs.
- • Working on plan to promote CDT dates
13. Open Forum
- • Dodge like forecast was discussed amongst the group.
14. Next Chapter Meeting: January 14, 2021 at Papago Golf Course, 11:30 am
15. Next Board Meeting (Holiday Party): December 10th, 2020, 5:30 PM at The Reference Library. Starting w/cocktails!
16. Adjournment @ 12:01 am
- • 1st- Barbara Faulwetter
- • 2nd- Teri Hand