The Phoenix Chapter of CSI is the local group of the CSI national association . We are a diverse group of approximately 130 members within metro-Phoenix comprising of architects, engineers, contractors, facility managers, manufacturers, product representatives, owners, specifiers, and others who are experts in building construction and the materials used therein.
We are dedicated to improving the communication of construction information through our national involvement, while addressing the challenges of our local environment and construction, by providing local support, knowledge, and technical resources to serve Phoenix and Arizona.
The Phoenix Chapter of CSI is governed by a Board of Directors, an elected body that provides long-range strategic leadership. The Board is composed of elected CSI officers, including the president, president-elect, two vice presidents, the secretary, the treasurer; and directors.
CSI was founded in March 1948 by the specification writers of government agencies who came together to improve the quality of construction specifications. The Phoenix Chapter was chartered in 1957, making it one of the oldest in the country.
We are fortunate to have Chapter members providing leadership at both the Region and Institute levels. We are consistently recognized as an outstanding Chapter due to our award winning newsletter, web site and educational opportunities provided to the local construction industry. We have written technical documents that have been recognized as an excellent resource and sold throughout the United States.
The chapter meets monthly with a combination of lunch and dinner meetings, providing networking, technical presentations, and continuing education opportunities. In addition to its annual fund raising golf tournament, CSI Phoenix holds technical tours, seminars, and CSI certification exam prep courses allowing us to create a scholarship foundation, the Kenn Lockhardt Foundation.